The CEOS Cal/Val Portal provides support to worldwide activities on calibration and validation, and specifically ensures that sensor intercalibration is favoured in a standardised way. The overall goal is to increase measurement accuracy of all the sensors which will be supported by this system and to increase the inter-operability between EO platforms
- SMOS - February 2011 Activity Report
- SMOS - January 2011 Activity Report
- SMOS - December 2010 Activity Report
- SMOS - November 2010 Activity Report
- SMOS - October 2010 Activity Report
- SMOS - September 2010 Activity Report
- SMOS: March 2013 Activity Report
- SMOS: February 2013 Activity Report
- SMOS: January 2013 Activity Report
- SMOS: December 2012 Activity Report
"When you can measure what you are speaking about and express it in numbers you know something about it; but when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind" (Lord Kelvin, 1883)
... A Memory from the first lesson of Physics.
When the professor entered in the classroom for the first lesson of physics, during the years of the high school, everybody was trying to imagine what Physics was, if the lessons in the laboratory were so funny like in the movies and if a scientist was a genius with a very strange look. The day after, every imagination disappeared and we were in front of a cruel reality: Physics was a collection of formulas, rules and descriptions of experiments, everything was well packed in a book.
I never imagined that that first lesson is still alive in my memory and only after a lot of years I understood how important that lesson was: it was about the Measurements.
"Measurement is the process..."
|Number of Files||129962||346626||168692||52442|
|Volume in GB||1381||33094||6918||1881|
|Number of Files||1313090||9179189||3283784||532947|