ACIX WEB PAGE
ACIX aimed to bring together the developers of Atmospheric Correction (AC) processors, who were invited to generate the corresponding Bottom-Of-Atmosphere (BOA) products. The European Space Agency and NASA organise this exercise on AC processors inter-comparison using Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2 imagery of various sites, i.e. agricultural, snow/artic areas, deserts and coastal. A common and harmonised inter-comparison procedure was agreed and followed by all the participants.
- To elaborate concepts, protocols and guidelines for the inter-comparison and validation of BOA products
- To better understand BOA reflectance uncertainty contributors by comparing the outputs of different AC schemes
- To identify and review the different uncertainty contributors
- To propose further improvements of the available AC schemes
- Description of concept, protocols and procedures for inter-comparing and validating products
- Assessment of the relative differences among the inter-compared AC processors results
- Definition of key regions and key periods for validation and quality assessment
- Description of a coordinated plan for inter-comparison and validation activities
The description of the exercise and a summary of the results is available in:
Doxani, G.; Vermote, E.; Roger, J.-C.; Gascon, F.; Adriaensen, S.; Frantz, D.; Hagolle, O.; Hollstein, A.; Kirches, G.;Li, F.; Louis, J.; Mangin, A.; Pahlevan, N.; Pflug, B.; Vanhellemont, Q. "Atmospheric Correction Inter-Comparison Exercise." Remote Sens. 2018,10,352. doi:10.3390/rs10020352.
- Download image