OLIVE Description - OLIVE
OLIVE Main Description
OLIVE PAPER WAS PUBLISHED IN MAY 2014 IN OPEN ACCESS:
Weiss, M.; Baret, F.; Block, T.; Koetz, B.; Burini, A.; Scholze, B.; Lecharpentier, P.; Brockmann, C.; Fernandes, R.; Plummer, S.; Myneni, R.; Gobron, N.; Nightingale, J.; Schaepman-Strub, G.; Camacho, F.; Sanchez-Azofeifa, A. On Line Validation Exercise (OLIVE): A Web Based Service for the Validation of Medium Resolution Land Products. Application to FAPAR Products. Remote Sens. 2014, 6, 4190-4216. URL
OLIVE (On Line Interactive Validation Exercise) system provides three main functionalities:
Information to the scientific community, including:
- Description of the main functionalities of the OLIVE Matlab Validation Core Code (MVCC) used to generate the validation exercise report.
- List of publically available products to run a validation exercise
- Dataset description (BELMANIP2 and DIRECT, please note that the updated version DIRECT 2.0 is also available)
- Publically available validation results
- The user can run a validation exercise by choosing the products and the time period he requires to validate them
- The user can make his results available to the OLIVE community or keep them private
- A brief description, as well as a more complete user guide is provided to use OLIVE MVCC
Scientific community contribution:
- Propose new or updated product extracts over BELMANIP2 and DIRECT datasets to be included in the OLIVE web service
- Propose a new ground validation site to be included in the DIRECT database. As OLIVE is dedicated to medium resolution sensor validation, this ground validation site must fullfill a list of criteria defined by the CEOS/LPV subgroup. A review process of the proposed site will be performed by the CEOS/LPV subgroup.